What is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist?
Accredited Exercise Physiologists also known as AEP's are the most highly qualified exercise professionals in Australia. They are university qualified, allied health professionals who design, deliver and evaluate safe and effective exercise interventions for people who have acute and chronic medical conditions, injuries and disabilities. Healthy individuals who want to improve strength and fitness also can receive great benefits from an Exercise Physiologist's tailored program. These interventions include physical activity and health education, advice and support, and lifestyle modification with a strong focus on achieving behavioural change.
Exercise Physiologists are also qualified Exercise Sport Scientists and are well equipped in assisting sporting organisations and athletes with injury prevention, strength and conditioning and sporting performance.
What do Exercise Physiologist's do for their clients?
- Prescribe exercise to assist management of acute and chronic medical conditions, injuries and disabilities
- Prescribe exercise for those at high-risk of developing chronic medical conditions
- Prescribe exercise to improve athletic performance
- Improve mobility & muscle strength, including falls prevention
- Exercise and lifestyle support for those at risk of chronic disease
- Rehabilitation Pre & Post injury or surgery
- Hydrotherapy programs
- Health behaviour counselling
- Aim to decrease chronic pain
Conditions we provide services for:
- Obesity / overweight
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart disease
- Lung disease or dysfunction
- Rehabilitation - pre and post injury / surgery
- Depression / PTSD / anxiety
- Osteoporosis / Falls prevention / Balance training
- Chronic pain - back, hip, knee, neck, etc
- Parkinson's disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- General health and wellbeing
Others may not be listed. Contact us if you are unsure if we are able to assist you in managing your condition/s.